Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birds and Ducks at Ponds near TriQuint

It's been a while since I posted anything. I'll try to be more active soon and finish up the New Zealand photos. In the meantime, here are some local photos I have been taking. My company is located in a very nice park, and I take my camera so I can take pictures during lunch. There's quite a few small ponds, which have some great ducks and other wildlife around. This first picture was taken last winter.


This picture was taken today (01-Dec-2009) when a bunch of honkers flew in and landed. I was trying to get a "flyout" shot, but they all took off before I got ready.


Male Mallard


A Green-winged Teal


Buffleheads (male in front)


Wood Ducks (males are the bright colored ones)


A Kestrel hunting in the trees nearby


A Hooded Merganser last winter


It's a great place to get some quick exercise, and there's no telling what types of wildlife you will see.
I hope you enjoy the photos!






No comments: